Today was a bit of a change to my normal style of working out. The cardio was family.. I’ve realised nothing gets a sweat on like a run.. as much as I love the Vario.. 30 mins on that Treadmill is killer.
Anywho on to what I changed.. on my weights portion of the workout I decided to try some of that ‘Time Under Tension’ stuff. Basically instead of throwing the weights up as quickly as you can.. you do it at a very slow and steady pace. Some do 4 seconds up, hold for 4 seconds then down for 4 seconds. I didn’t stick to that really.. I just went for a nice and controlled pace. It put SO much strain on my muscles and I wasn’t able to lift as much weight as I usually do but the burn and strain on the muscle was so so real.
Anywho on to the workout:
- Treadmill 30 mins, 5.5 km.
- Vario 15 mins, 0.78 km
- 5 sets of Hammerstrength Pulldowns, 45 kg x 15, 65 kg x 10, 80 kg x 10, 100 kg x 5, 110 kg x 5.
- 3 sets of T-Bar Rows, 25 kg x 10, 35 kg x 10, 40 kg x 10.
- 3 sets of Pull-Ups, 5, 4,5.
- 3 sets of Machine Low Rows, 70 kg x 10, 70 kg x 10, 70 kg x 5.
- 3 sets of Preacher Curls, 22.5 kg x 10, 22.5 kg x 5, 22.5 kg x 6.
- 3 sets of Seated Hammer Curls, 14 kg x 8, 14 kg x 7, 14 kg x 7
As you can see.. my lifts weren’t nothing special at all.. I preacher curl over 30kg for 10 res usually.. but struggled to consistently hit 10 reps. Hammer Curls? I can do 30 kg but again struggle with 14 kg. It’s something different.. something I will throw in once in a while for sure.
Did my new home circuit again today. 32 intervals.. 60 seconds each with a 10 second rest inbetween each interval.
The moves performed today included:
- straight jump rope
- double unders
- jump rope star jumps
- power squats
- power push-up, push-ups
- ab wheel
- shuttle runs
- high knee jump rope
- single leg jump rope (10 bounce alternate leg)
I’m really enjoying this.. it has me dripping with sweat at the end. My shoulders are in bits.. my chest, my calves, my abs.. great stuff.
This was yesterday after my weekend break in Bournemouth. It was a must after the way I was eating.. it wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t good. It was just about as good as I could do while out on a stag. I still managed to lose 3lbs since my last weigh in last sunday. Anywho onto the workout:
- Treadmill for 30 mins, 5.43 km.
- Vario for 15 mins, 0.72 km.
- Bike, 15 mins, 5.91 km.
- 6 sets of Flat Bench Press, 40 kg x 15, 60 kg x 10, 80 kg x 8, 90 kg x 7, 70 kg x 9, 60 kg x 10.
- 3 sets of Incline Hammerstrength Chest Press, 80 kg x 7, 60 kg x 7, 60 kg x 10.
- 3 sets of Cable Flys, 12.5 kg x 10, 12.5 kg x 10, 12.5 kg x 10.
This was on Friday.. totally forgot to write this one down. I couldn’t be arsed to go to the gym so I did a 40 minute circuit in my house. It consisted of 60 second intervals with 10 second rests inbetween.
I mostly did 3 sets of jump rope for 60 seconds then press ups for 60 and ab wheel for 60 seconds. When I got to the last 10 circuits I started to add in some squats.
This was a great workout.. I got a great burn on.